WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

SCIENCEandISLAM - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* SCIENCEandISLAM > Topics

Subject: Scientist's comments on the Quran
Replies: 8 Views: 1276

amin_999 11.04.12 - 02:22am
DR. Yushihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University,Hongo,Tokyo,Japan,and was the Director of the National Astronomical observatory,Mitaka,Japan. He said: I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran,and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We've concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So,by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe. *

sss_999 4.05.12 - 04:50am
1)Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professorof Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor ofObstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba,Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Departmentof Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the authoror editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomyin Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association ofAnatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quranwhich he has researched, he stated the following:The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a veryordinary man. He could not read, didnt know [how] to write. In fact, hewas an illiterate. And were talking about twelve [actually aboutfourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profoundpro nouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientificnature. And I personally cant see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in mymind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to thesestatements. *

sss_999 4.05.12 - 04:51am
Professor Persaud has included some Quranic versesand sayings of the Prophet Muhammadsalla.jpg in some of his books. He has also presented these verses and sayings ofthe Prophet Muhammadsalla.jpgat several conferences. *

sss_999 4.05.12 - 04:57am
2)Dr.Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gynat the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was also thePresident of the American Fertility Society. He has received many awards,including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992. Professor Simpson studied the following two sayingsof the Prophet Muhammadsalla.jpg:In everyone of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mothers womb by forty days...2Ifforty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones....3He studiedthese two sayings of the Prophet Muhammadsalla.jpgextensively, noting that the first forty daysconstitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He wasparticularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayingsof the Prophet Muhammadsalla.jpg. Then,during one conference, he gave the following opinion:So that the two hadeeths(the sayings of the Prophet Muhammadsalla.jpg) that have been noted provide us with aspecific time table for the main embryological development before forty days. Again, the point has been made, I think, repeatedly by other speakers this morning: these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis ofthe scientific knowledge that was available [at] the time of their writing . . .. It follows, I think, that not only there is no conflict between genetics andreligion but, in fact, religion can guide science by adding revelation to someof the traditional scientific approaches, that there exist statements in the Quran shown centuries later to be valid, which support knowledge in the Quran havingbeen derived from God. *

sss_999 4.05.12 - 05:06am
3)Dr.E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biologyat Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy,and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of theTeratology Society. He has aut d more than 200 publications. In 1981, duringthe Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson saidin the presentation of his research paper:Summary:The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizesalso the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation anddevelopment, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science. *

sss_999 4.05.12 - 05:08am
Also he said: As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I canspecifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write. *

akramwap 14.06.12 - 06:48am
masha Allah , jazaka Allah khyran bro..nice topic. *

akramwap 14.06.12 - 06:48am
masha Allah , jazaka Allah khyran bro..nice topic. *

amin_999 16.06.12 - 03:58am
Alhamdulillah :) jazak Allahu khairan :) *

* SCIENCEandISLAM Forum

Search:
topics replies

* SCIENCEandISLAM

Create Your Own App Store

topTop